Recently , my thumb drive was infected by some kind of irrating virus that caused all my folders to become shortcuts which cannot be open!
I thougth that was the end of my day as this thumbdrive contains all my years of hard work in web design , flyers and holiday pics....etc
Fortunately , i did a google and found the perfect soluton.
All my file in the thumbdrive are recovered. :)
See below Solution:
1. Click start>>run>>type in "cmd"Note: start button is normally located on the lower left of your pc screen
2. type the location of your flash drive.. e.g. "d:", "e:", "f:", etc..
3. type "dir /ah"
*you will now see the files/folders with hidden attributes
4. type "attrib "name of file/folder" -r -a -s -h"
example: attrib "My Doc" -r -a -s -h
(case of file name not sensitive- doesn't matter if you type "my doc" or "My doC" or "mY dOc")
*if you're going to unhide files, you should type the whole name plus the extension (format).. example "attrib party.jpg -r -a -s -h"
**if you have folders with 6 characters and above, type the first 6 characters then "~1".. example for folder named "birthday"
"attrib birthd~1 -r -a -s -h"
5. you should repeatedly type dir /ah after unhiding some files/folders so you'll know if they're now working or not..
6. now check you flash drive.. it should be there
Note: Refresh by F5